After-Hours Emergency Contacts
How to Recognize an Emergency in Exotic Pets
Not sure what an exotic pet emergency might look like? Each animal is unique, and signs of distress might not be immediately evident. Always be safe and contact us or the closest emergency vet if you're concerned.
If your pet shows any of the following signs, don’t wait to seek medical attention:
- Rapid or labored breathing
- Refusal to eat or drink
- Sluggishness or fatigue
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- General weakness
- Unusual mood changes
- Persistent constipation or diarrhea
- Frequent vomiting
- Blood present in vomit or feces
- Drastic weight fluctuations
- For birds, staying at the cage bottom
If you notice any of these symptoms, call us at (215) 995-4049 or reach out to one of our recommended emergency vets listed above.